This little girl just keeps on growing- and her personality... well, let's just say she is full throttle.
This little diva is 32 inches tall (off the charts) and 23 pounds (50th percentile) and still below 5th percentile for height to weight ratio. 18 month clothes are way too big for her, but lengthwise, they are the only things that fit. She was sleeping a solid 11 hours at night, until she developed this nasty cough which has her waking up 5-6 times at night because she is choking on her own phlegm (poor baby). Most days we still get a nice 3 hour nap in the afternoon. She is not much of an eater- still loves avocados, grapes, apples and chicken. Likes to feed herself a bowl of cheerios and milk, or scrambled eggs for breakfast. Prefers meat to anything else you give her. Will not allow anyone to feed her- she must do it herself. She is quite fantastic at it, I have to admit. She does not like to sit in her high chair; she likes to be at the table, in her own chair, like the rest of us. She is a little OCD when she eats; every few minutes she asks for a napkin so she can clean her hands, face and plate. Her favorite things in the world are music for dancing (she's a maniac- best dancer I have ever known- you should see her moves), being outside, and playing with her friends. She loves animals; when she sees a dog she yells "bop! bop!" in a deep voice (that's how she barks). She is the most friendly little thing. She says "Hi!" to everyone she sees with a smile and a wave. Her vocabulary is expanding; she says thank you (sounds like "tink to"), bye-bye, yeah, no (her current answer for most things), OK, Mama, Mommy, Dad, Dada, Daddy, Nama (Grandma), Aw-she (Auntie Ashley), night-night, me-me (whenever she wants something), uh-oh, puppy, baby, and my all time favorite, sometimes she calls Rob "Bob".
I call Scarlett Little Mama. She is very tender. When another child cries, she immediately pats them on the back and has the most concerned look on her face. I was sick this week and while I was throwing up, she was rubbing my back and crying quietly. She puts her baby doll in her mini stroller and pushes her around the house saying "beep-beep!". Every so often she stops to kiss her baby on the forehead. She prefers showers to baths. She knows how to call people from my cell phone. She calls my Mom, Dad, brother, sister, and Rob at least once a day. She usually hangs up on them, but knows how to redial. She has also called 911 twice. Oops. Scarlett loves to Skype with Grandma and Grandpa Fuller. She loves showing them all of her little tricks. She loves to play Just Dance on the Wii, and actually follows the dance moves pretty well. She knows some of the hand motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider, Three Little Monkeys, and The Wise Man and the Foolish Man. She also sings "na-na-na" to the tune of The Wheels on the Bus. Scarlett loves to exercise- she does squats and hip thrusts (you know, where you lay on your back, knees up, and you lift your bum off the floor). She also stretches with me when we are finished.
Scarlett is very strong willed, and when she is challenged, her 'tude definitely comes out. She is pretty good about snapping out of a tantrum, but we do have our battles. She does not like me to dress her most days, she wants to do it herself. Many mornings are spent with her in her diaper, me chasing her around the house with an outfit, and eventually giving up. After failing to dress herself several times, she gives up, and lets me do it. When Rob or I catches Scarlett doing something she knows she is not supposed to- she turns on the charm. She smiles the biggest, cheesiest grin, bats her eyes, waves her hand and says "Hi" all cute and innocent. We know better.
Scarlett dear, I think in many ways, we are two peas in a pod. I love you; more than words can say.
Scarlett dear, I think in many ways, we are two peas in a pod. I love you; more than words can say.







6 comments:
What a cutie!
I love these pictures! She is adorable! Thanks for that fun update!
What a tall lucky little girl, and with that smile you guys are asking for trouble. :) She just continues to blossom. You can definitely see the personality in all the pictures. Leah misses Scarlett!!! And we miss your family too!
She is such a sweetheart and I love her yellow dress she's wearing! She's getting so big, I feel time is going by so fast:-)
Those pictures are oozing with joy. She is such a character! How fun!
I can NOT believe she is 16 months already. What a little dear that Scarlett is.
Post a Comment