Rob's company asks people to submit funny, weird, random things that happen throughout the year and at the end of each year they issue the ACE AWARD (a certificate and cash prize). After being with AccuQuest for two months, Rob was nominated for the 2010 Ace Award, and WON. Here's the story that was submitted by his trainer.
{circa the day this Ace became mine}
“I would like to nominate Rob Fuller, AccuQuest Trainee, for the 2010 AccuQuest Ace Award…. And here is why:
Many of you have not met Rob Fuller as he is a new member of the AccuQuest Team. Rob is 28 years old, was the valedictorian of his high school class, and graduated from BYU with academic honors. In addition, he is incredibly responsible, conservative and very attentive to detail (get the picture? This kid has it going on). I am honored and proud to be acting as his supervisor in this trainee process and have no doubt that he will shine as a future AccuQuest superstar.
A few weeks ago Rob emailed a study guide to me that he created in order to prepare for his State written Exam (this is so “Rob”, as he works very hard to be organized and seems to know a little something about everything). A few days after emailing his study guide he came to my office toting the hard copy along with him. He sat at my desk across from me while we each reviewed the information on our own individual copies looking for accuracy and potential omissions.
We came to the topic of proper sterilization and chemicals used in dealing with tools & instruments in our practice. Under “Sterilization Chemicals”, Rob listed “Spermicide”. Knowing Rob and his very conservative personality, I looked away from my screen wondering if my eyes had played a trick on me and asked Rob if he was being serious. With a completely straight face, he said, “Yes….. O.K., Sandy I know what you’re thinking but it can be used for more than one thing”. I just stared at Rob in disbelief and turned to my computer screen and began to google “spermicide” figuring that a verbal debate was probably not the appropriate approach. As I was typing, I glanced over at Rob just in time to see his face turn red and blanketed by a look of shock. He then said “Oh my gosh, I thought that I had typed germicide, not spermicide”!!!
To say the least, Rob was embarrassed, I was entertained and I am sure that his wife chuckled, as well. Coming from most, this may not have been so hysterical, coming from the Rob, this was classic stuff!!!!”
We thought this was pretty funny when it happened, but when he won an actual award and prize money for it, we thought it was even funnier. Now, I get to brag a little about my husband and his new job. I'm not the type to sit here and talk about how much I loOoOve my husband, or how amazing he is, so I get to be a little proud for a moment of Rob and all that he has accomplished in the last few months.
When Rob started with AccuQuest in October of 2010 the plan was to train for about 3 months, and then open a store in Napa in January or February of 2011. Things got pushed back slightly due to finding an office to rent, and then suddenly at the end of January, the Director of Finance called Rob (on a Thursday) and asked if he would be ready to take over an existing office the following Monday. The partner running the office in Corte Madera (about 50 minutes away) hadn't been performing and they decided to let him go, wanting Rob to take his place. We were so excited, and it has turned in to a really amazing opportunity. We had still planned to open Napa in April or May, and have each of those offices be part-time (Rob in Corte Madera 3 days, and Napa 2 days per week). Out of 132 offices throughout the US, Rob took the number 3 spot for sales in his first month (February) and the owners were thrilled. Not wanting to give up the full-time office in Corte Madera, the owners have since asked Rob to put off opening the Napa store until he can train an associate to manage the Corte Madera office full-time. The process will take at least 6 months, but once the new associate is trained and running Corte Madera on his own, Rob will open the Napa store, and a second part-time location (which has not yet been determined) simultaneously.
I am so proud of how ambitious and hard-working Rob is. He really goes full-force in to everything he does- and he truly deserves everything he gets.
Congratulations on such a successful beginning of a long career, my love. Scarlett and I could not be more proud.




4 comments:
Yay, Rob! That story was funny hearing it the first time...and it's STILL funny!
Your Dad and I are equally proud of you, Rob.
That is a great story! Congrats on the award and the progress in the job!
That's awesome. The story is hilarious, and his success is classic Rob.
Post a Comment