Thursday, December 15, 2011

"I'll sit on Santa's lap... Maybe another day."

We had our ward Christmas party last Saturday night.  Scarlett and I talked the whole way there about how she was going to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what she wanted for Christmas- "new flops" (flip flops).
We started the night with a yummy dinner, Scarlett even ate my salad.  Some days she is a salad lover (it's the only vegetable we can get her to eat).  She ate it like a true lady, with her fingers.  Whenever I tell her she is not behaving like a lady, she snaps "I not a lady, mommy!  YOU a lady!".
 We just love Ira.  Scarlett was whispering sweet nothings in his ear, I'm sure.

 "I want to tell you something" is what Scarlett says when she wants to whisper in your ear. 
Ally, Scarlett, Chiara and Isabella.
 Listening to the beautiful music being performed.  Ally was the only one I could get to look at me.
 We stood in line for Santa- but it was a no go.  Scarlett wanted nothing to do with him.

When we finally gave up, Scarlett told me over and over again that she would sit on Santa's lap another day.  She was thrilled about the goodie bag she got from him... candy and coloring books, what could be better?  My favorite little kid when it comes to Santa is Ira- when his parents asked if he wanted to sit on Santa's lap he quickly said No, and then told them it was for the big kids.  I love what these little tykes come up with.

No comments: