Thursday, January 5, 2012

Five Years Ago

I made the best decision of my life.
 Waiting on the table for me tonight.
Happy Anniversary, Rob.  {He's out buying a chocolate torte to satisfy my need for chocolate cake, at the moment.}

And a baby update!  I am 37 weeks + 4 days along, though my belly is only measuring 35 weeks.  At last week's position check ultrasound fluid levels and baby both looked fine, so doctor is not worried that I am measuring small.  The exciting news is that today I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced.  Doctor said her head is right against my cervix.  It's a huge deal for me since I never did anything on my own with Scarlett- locked down at a 0 when I was induced 7 days over her due date.  Here's hoping she comes on her own, and here's hoping for a successful VBAC.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So excited for your progress! I hear that your body knows how to do it better the second time so its easier (if it is ever easy).

The Alvords said...

Yay! That is so exciting!!! I will be crossing my fingers and toes that you get to have a wonderful experience and a successful VBAC. There is nothing like it.