Blog!? What?! Since my last post in July, I am behind on Father's Day, a trip to Lake Tahoe, Rob turning 30, Sydney turning six, and seven months old, and a trip to Utah. But we've got something bigger than all of that. My almost three year old started school last week.
No, she is not attending preschool. Just school. She will correct you if you do not call it school. We decided to enroll Scarlett in Napa Valley Nursery School, a co-op, where parent participation is heavy, as in, I work in the classroom 2-3 days per month. I fell in love with the school and the teacher when I went to their open house last winter, and though a co-op was not something I was interested in, I am so glad we chose this school. Scarlett LOVES school. Like, a lot. And it seems to have unleashed even more energy and creativity, which I didn't even think was possible. After spending an afternoon with Scarlett for one of her speech pathology classes, my friend Erin said, "social interaction is Scarlett's crack". So true. And we couldn't love her busy little self any more than we do.
This adorable little picture (snapped during our Fuller family photos in Utah) hangs proudly in her very own cubby at school.
Our first day of school picture is not great. Mommy was in manual, and snapped the picture, realized she needed to adjust her settings, and then bam! Battery died. Poor planning on my part. But isn't she amazingly adorable?
I worked in the classroom on the first day of school so we got to go early and set up, and stay after and tidy up. What I did not get to do was take a lot of pictures (except for the ones I took on my phone. One day, I will download them). So on the second day, Sydney and I followed Scarlett around for about 30 seconds until it was obvious she didn't want to be bothered with us while at school. She is so happy to be there, and I am so happy she is there, too! She starts each day at this fun little water station... but like a good girl, doesn't get too wet, and though she paints a bazillion pictures, she comes home with clothes free of paint. Yay!
I can't believe I have begun the first of many, many, years of school. Bittersweet.






1 comment:
I asked Sassy Pants what she did at school and she said she paints A LOT! When I asked what she did with her pictures she said she throws them in the garbage because she paints so many pictures! Hahahah! She's seriously hilarious. Love her.
Post a Comment