We were all set to go up to Santa Rosa to camp overnight at Spring Lake on Friday, October 26th. Our friends, who were going with us, called that morning and their little babe was really sick, so they weren't going to be able to come. We debated going just the three of us anyway (Sydney was staying with Grandma and Granddad), but ultimately talked Scarlett in to a backyard campfire instead. (We also had to promise to take her to Six Flags the next morning, which we did.)
I do not love our backyard. It is on the of the (many) things that makes me want to buy a house, any house. We have a great side yard, perfect for our garden, but the rest of the yard is cement. Aside from riding her scooter back and forth, there isn't much else Scarlett can do outside. But we have a pretty sweet set up here at Grandpa's place, and until we find the perfect house, here, we will stay.
I had already prepared tin foil dinners for our camp out, so we called some friends and told them to come on over for a backyard cookout. Rob had already loaded our Toole with firewood, so he drove the Highlander in to the backyard and unloaded. I think he had a little too much fun building the fire.
Hisermans and my parents chowing down on their slightly charred (my fault) hamburger, potato and carrot tin foil dinners. I actually thought it was quite tasty.
As did Miss Sydney.
I titled this "WT Cookout" because after instagramming a photo, my brother informed me that my sister said, "doesn't it look a little white trash?" HAHA. Why?! Because our car is parked in our backyard? And we're sitting around the campfire, on church chairs? On cement?! Okay, yes. This may appear a little white trash. But we had a great time and the kids had a blast.
We roasted marshmallows and ate some yummy s'mores. The kids played hide and seek and ran around the yard screaming in delight.
And neither of my children went to bed before 10pm. We really had an awesome night. Can't wait for real camping next spring!












1 comment:
How Fun, you did a great job turning a bad situation into a great one!! I am jealous of your weather. I was just looking at Black Friday Ads online and saw a fire pit on sale and I was debating... now I really want it!
Post a Comment