Thursday, December 20, 2012

Eleven Months

Sydney has definitely gotten the shaft when it comes to me documenting her growth.  Though she is now closer to twelve months (I won't dare say "one year"), I am going to do my best to remember what her 11th month of life was like...
This girl is adventurous, curious, stubborn, and sweet as candy.  She is all smiles.  All the time.  She is a great little walker, though she weebles and wobbles a bit from time to time.  She is crazy fast making her way up stairs, but we still really have to work on getting back down safely (she thinks she can hold on to the banister and just walk down).  She adores big sis and wants to be involved in everything she does.  Sydney doesn't always want Scarlett involved in what she is doing, however.  Sydney says "Dada" all day long, and rarely says "Mama".  She has been sleeping through the night (wahoo!) for about a month.  Still only two bottom teeth.  Loves most foods, and is a terribly messy eater.  She likes to feed herself, and is pretty handy with a fork or spoon.  She still likes her bottle before naps and bed.  Sydney loves her morning nap.  She sleeps 3 hours in the morning, if our schedule permits.  She most likely will not take an afternoon nap if her morning one is so long.  Some days I wake her up after an hour and a half, and she will sleep for two hours in the afternoon.  I love the afternoon nap.  And I can't wait to go down to a one nap schedule.
This photo is from December 23, 2012, after we first boarded the Carnival Legend for our Christmas cruise.  
 Syd is a happy camper, most of the time.  She is genuinely in love with most people- though she certainly prefers familiar faces.  She can be ever so clingy, and I don't mind the snuggles.  She gives big wet kisses.  Even makes the "mmm" sound.  Sydney loves being outside.  She loves wind.  She has no fear and even loved playing with a monkey, and sting rays on our cruise.
Morning six of the cruise.  Happy as can be!
Sydney is in love with her pacifier.  And obsessed with her Little Giraffe blankets.  Notice below- the day before we left, I packed one of Syd's blankets, and when I left the room, Sydney found it folded in the suitcase, and proceeded to lay down, head on her blanket, body half in the suitcase.  It was nap time.  Little did she know she still had a blanket in her bed. 
This is one of my favorite shots from the cruise- chubby baby in a bikini?!  Yes, please!  Syd posed herself.  I just wish the paci wasn't in the way of seeing her big, gummy grin!
Sydney Magoo- oh, how we adore and love you.  You're growing up too fast.  You're just not quite a baby anymore.  And we can't wait to see what your sweet little spirit will accomplish in this world.

No comments: