Christmas morning did not start bright and early for us. We have never been a family to get up at the crack of dawn. The presents were still going to be there at 8, right? With Scarlett being the late sleeper that she is, we didn't rush anything. We had my family come to our house for breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, and french pastry puffs) a little after 9, and Scarlett woke up around 9:30 to join us.
The picture is a little blurry, but here we all are in our Christmas pajamas from Ashley.
Auntie Ashley taught Scarlett "see-food". That little stinker knows she is so darn funny.
We opened Scarlett's presents at our house after breakfast. She got some fun little gadgets to go with her brand new kitchen.
A microphone for my little singer. She sings all.the.time.
More presents in the stocking...
A shot of Scarlett's kitchen, and Scarlett helping Auntie open her gift from us.
We had my family open their gifts from us at our place before heading to Mom and Dad's for more gifts.
At my parents' house Christmas gift-giving was still in full swing. Scarlett (and the rest of us) is really, really spoiled.
Fun little backpack from Auntie Ashley.
The most anticipated gift of the day... the Vitamix. Rob has wanted one since before I met him. And my parents delivered. It is amazing. We have made the most delicious smoothies and pico de gallo recently. Yum!
Dad got my Mom the Wii.
You did real good this year, Dad.
And Mom got Dad a new office chair. His broke. It was completely folded in half. Quite the sight!
Speaking of chairs... I was thrilled that Scarlett finally got her PBK chair. I love it. And she loves it, too.
The most fun tent, ever.
She loves crawling through the tunnel.
We headed back home for Scarlett to take a nap- which she did, for 10 minutes. Then it was back to my parents' for Christmas dinner. On the menu: BBQ turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, Caesar salad, sweet potatoes (Ruth's Chris' recipe, to die for), steamed asparagus, cooked carrots with butter and dill, and homemade rolls. YUM!
Not only was the food delicious- the company was fabulous, as well. The Hisermans joined us, as did my Aunt Pam, cousin Marcelle and her boyfriend Josh.
My Dad and Baby Xander. Only 3 weeks old.
Scarlett loves Xander.
One of Scarlett's favorite games is Ring Around the Rosie, and Ashley was happy to oblige.
We played games, ate lots of junk food for dessert, and enjoyed one another's company.
After the craziness of the day, and after Scarlett was in bed (Rob stayed home, too, he hadn't been feeling well), we drove to Vallejo to catch a late movie.
We are so grateful for this holiday season; for an opportunity to count our blessings, to be together as a family, and to reflect on the birth, the life, and the love of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas to you.






4 comments:
What a wonderful Christmas!! I am glad everyone was able to be together and that you had so much fun!
Nicole I am impressed with how on top of your blog you are! Very inspiring... I need to do better!
So fun! It looks like you had such a wonderful holiday with your family:-) Oh and I love her new play kitchen, how adorable! Happy New Year!
Looks like Scarlett really had a great time this year! So fun to see her growing up...time is flying by!! Looks like you guys got some great presents! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!
I bet Christmas was extra fun with scarlett this year. We miss you guys! Come and visit in San Diego! I too got the Rebel T2i and have no clue how to use it. I need to take a class or something bc I don't do good with instruction manuals! :)
Post a Comment