I wish every person could spend a day with Scarlett. She is so happy, funny, adventurous- I think she would do every one a little good.
There are so many things she does lately that I don't want to forget, so after her nap yesterday, she was eating some leftover pizza, and I pulled the camera out to snap a few shots.
She is quite the performer- and very much a ham...
When Scarlett has something she knows she is not supposed to and I ask for it back, she either sits on it, or my favorite, if it is small enough to put under her arm, she will tuck it under there (right in front of me, mind you), and then hold her hands palm up and say "where go?".
At the park the other day, I had pushed her in the swing for about 20 minutes, and I was done. I took her out and told her to go down the slide. She threw a 10 second fit while I walked away, and then I heard her tiny voice saying, "wing? wing?" and then a big man's voice replying "I think you need to ask your Mom." When I turned around, I found my daughter tugging on another child's Dad's pants, pointing at the swing, looking up at him with her beautiful baby blues, asking him to put her back in.
While at the park, she was playing in the sand with some other kids. These kids had brought their buckets and bowls and cups to dig around with. Scarlett found a bowl she liked, and proceeded to hand it to one of the moms sitting on the edge of the sand box, and then scooped sand in to it with a little cup. The mom was happy to oblige, so I didn't interfere. The mom rested her hand on her lap after a little while, still holding the bowl for Scarlett. Apparently, this was not exactly what Scar had in mind, and she marched over to that other mom and lifted her hand so it was no longer resting in her lap, and then continued to fill the bowl with sand.
After Scarlett woke up from her nap one day, I put her pacifier on her changing table and left the room while she played with her toys. A few minutes later she joined me in the kitchen, paci in mouth. I was really confused and could not figure out how she would have gotten it down. So we took paci back to the bedroom, I placed it in the same spot on the changing table and left, again. But I didn't really leave this time- I stood outside the door and peaked my head around to see what she was up to. The first time I did, Scarlett was standing by her dresser, smiled her "I'm not doing anything wrong, I swear" grin, and said "HI!". I knew she was up to no good. I ducked back again, and after about a minute, I heard movement. I peaked in, and there is my little monkey, climbing up the side of her dresser/changing station to grab her pacifier.
Scarlett would happily be done with naps, but I am not quite ready for that. To avoid going to sleep, she throws her pacifier out of her bed, along with all of her blankets and her bumpers (yes, I have gotten lazy and do not tie her bumpers on after washing her sheets anymore). She tosses the paci first, because she knows I will give it back- but I have learned that if I hurry and toss it in her bed, and run out the door, she won't drop it again once I am gone. I could care less if her bumpers or blankets are in bed with her- she never uses a blanket, anyway.
Scarlett definitely keeps me on my toes. And laughing, all the day long.










3 comments:
I can sure tell you love that little girl, but then don't we all. :)
She is adorable and fun!
What a beautiful little lady! She is growing SO quickly.
Those eyes melt my heart!! Such a sweet baby (I know she is big now...but can we just pretend they are still baby's???) Time is going by too quickly!
Post a Comment