Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scarlett's Baby Sister

We went to the new 4D Ultrasound of Napa Valley on Monday, their first day in business, to find out if we were having a boy, or a girl.  I was actually a little surprised when the girl said, "There it is, any guesses?"  and I immediately knew it was another little girl.  Deep down I really thought this one was a boy.  I didn't care either way, but there was just a part of me that really thought boy.  I am thrilled Scarlett will have a little sister so close to her in age.  I hope and pray they will be the best of friends.  This little lady was awake, but so calm and still during the ultrasound, which was surprising because in my 9 week ultrasound she was dancing and shaking around like crazy- my doctor actually laughed and said she had never seen a baby so active that early.  But, if this ultrasound is any indication of her personality, I am sure looking forward to it.  Scarlett has the energy of three!  I could use a nice calm, easy going child.
We got a nice little recording of the baby's heart beat and Whitney (the owner) let Scarlett choose a bunny or a puppy (she loves puppies, it was an easy choice) to put the heart beat in.  Now she carries around a little dog that when she squeezes it she can hear her sister's heart beat.
We had a few people join us for the ultrasound- I think stuff like this is fun to share.  And no, no baby bump yet (nor weight gain, woohoo!), but I am certainly thicker in the middle! This counts as my 16 week + 1 day shot.
 And Aunt Deb, my cousin Sasha, and Lisa came, as well.
It is always so fun when you know the sex of the baby- it makes talking about "it" a little more real.  And now that it is a she, the shopping and planning can begin!  A few people told Rob that having another girl will make having another baby so much cheaper- his response- "seriously?  Ha!  Do you know my wife?!"  Scarlett does have buckets full of clothes that she really only wore once... so those will come in handy.  I think Rob is excited because he knows it means I will have at least one more baby to see if we can get a boy.  He was afraid if this was a boy I wouldn't have any more...
Here's to TWO girls!  Sisters.  Nothing beats it.
We love you, baby girl!  Can't wait for you to join our family.

10 comments:

alisha said...

Congrats Nicole. I am SO happy for you! I thought I was having a boy with Cora too, so much for mother's intuition! And even though we have tubs of clothes in storage I still end up buying more! They have to have new matching clothes right? Oh and we transitioned Shelby to her big girl bed a few months before Cora arrived. Though for a little while I thought I might have to get a second crib! :) Scarlett will do great!

Matt and Melissa said...

Congrats Nicole! I am so excited for you!

The Alvords said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear what you name her and see if she looks just like Scarlett. Yay for another girl!

Meri said...

Yay for another girl in the family! :) The heartbeat in the stuffed animal idea is such an interesting, fun one! I wouldn't have thought of that. You know we are excited for you guys!

Ashley Gilbert said...

Congrats on having another baby girl! :)

Melody said...

Sisters are THE BEST!!! I'm so happy for you! :)

Craig and Cassie said...

Congrats! Oh and thanks for abandoning me on the "no second child yet" group!! :) So happy for yall!

Megan said...

so fun!! congratulations on another girl! hope you're feeling well!

Adam & Samantha said...

congratulations! that is so exciting to finally know the sex! i am counting down the days until my next appointment. I love that they put a heartbeat in a puppy, so coool!! You look amazing, makes me want to go out and work out more!

Tiffany said...

YAY!! I'm sooo excited for another cute little addition to your fam! You look amazing!