Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 6: Oahu, Day Four

Tuesday morning my family headed out for a scuba day, Rob, Scarlett and I stayed behind and did our own thing.  We drove out to Waikiki to hike Diamondhead.  Rob started out carrying Scarlett, and then letting her down for a little while to walk on our own.  Everyone coming back down the mountain kept saying we would never make it to the top with a toddler.  Rob carried her 90% of the way- and it was a really easy hike.  I'm not sure what those people were complaining about!

 The half-way look out.

 Beautiful views from the top.



 Scarlett was clearly not in the mood for photos.




 We lucked out with great weather- it was hot, but we had some cloud coverage so it kept the sun from beating down on us.
 After our fun little hike.
 We grabbed lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool.  My family got back around 4 or 5; we met for dinner and then headed on a walk to the ice cream parlor about a mile down the road.
 I think we have a very similar picture from Mexico last year...
 Do you see how tired those eyes are!?
 Delicious ice cream.
 On the walk back to the resort, while I was looking at her and talking to her, Scarlett passed out.  This girl NEVER falls asleep when stuff is going on around her.  She stayed asleep while we walked through the lobby, rode the elevator to our room, changed her diaper and put her in her pajamas.  Rob and I were laughing hysterically.  He said it was like working with a dead body.  She was OUT!
I guess 4 days of vacationing in the sun- with NO naps- will do that to you!


1 comment:

Adam & Samantha said...

sooo jealous that you went to hawaii! I love it there! I'm sure it was a nice break before you are the mama of two! you look soo good, i feel so fat.