Friday, October 14, 2011

The Birthday Day

Two Year Stats:
28 pounds, just above 50th percentile
38 inches tall, so far off the chart, it's a bit ridiculous.
Height to weight ratio, again, below 5th percentile.  Scarlett is one lean, mean, fightin' machine.
Scarlett's birthday started out with her unsuccessful photo shoot, and after a quick wardrobe change we went to Gott's for lunch with my first cousin (once removed, I believe) and her two boys who were in town from Arizona.  The boys are 4 and 8 and Scarlett had way too much fun with them.  She loves playing with big kids.  It was great to see Shannon and spend a little time with them on their quick trip.  After lunch, and another wardrobe change (Scarlett's dress had pumpkin milkshake, mustard and ketchup all over it) I put her down for a nap and told her she needed to sleep so we could have a little party when she woke up.  She sang in her bed for about an hour before I heard her say, "I better go ni-night now so I can have my party".
We had to wake her up at 6 (she didn't fall asleep until 4) so she could have dinner with us and the Hisermans.  Scarlett doesn't really have a favorite food, so I made something she will at least eat, chicken and rice.
When it came to present time, Scarlett couldn't wait.  I gave in to the fit and allowed her to open one thing- which she and Maddie had a ball playing with.
More presents- this girl was so excited.  I thought she would get a little shy from all the attention, but no.  She was loving it.
Play-dough is her passion right now.  She loves "makin' it".


 Beyond thrilled about the cute cupcake birthday shirt Grandma and Granddad got her for her party on Saturday.


 We love "potatoes!"  (aka, Mrs. Potatohead).
 All the kids- minus Jack who was not interested in taking any pictures.

 Happy birthday, to youuuu...
 My camera blurred when I snapped the shot of her blowing out the candles, so I told my Mom to relight them real quick and have her do it again.  Scarlett started waving her hand, leading the music, and singing Happy Birthday again, trying to get everyone to sing along.  Too cute.
 Yummy Cold Stone ice cream cake.
 Play-dough, bowling, friends and cake... it's no wonder Scarlett was up until 11:30 that night!
What a fun birthday... and more to come.  The big party is on Saturday, and Scarlett has been talking about it for weeks!  Whenever she talks to my sister or brother she asks, "you comin' to my party?"  She expects everyone to be there.  Love that girl.

1 comment:

Melissa and Matt said...

Sounds like such a fun party and day! Happy Birthday big 2 year old! That cake sure looks yummy!