My little babe turned two years old today. Time sure flies. But I am not sad about that. I love watching her grow and learn and outgrow certain phases... I think it is absolutely wonderful to watch, and be such a big part of. We had a great day with family and friends, and attempted to do a little photo shoot, but were very, VERY unsuccessful. Scarlett woke up at 9:15 this morning, only because I knocked a plate in to the bathroom sink and woke her up. She probably would have slept another 45 minutes if I hadn't made so much noise. When I went in her room she said, "mommy, you scared me!" and then kept telling me how tired she was. She was clearly not ready to wake up. I rushed her out the door to our good friends house, the Wagners' have a beautiful yard, to snap some pictures, but she would not smile or cooperate. When I asked her to do certain things she said, "oh mom, come on." How dare I ask!
My girl, who is usually all smiles, was nothing but serious this time. But man, still so pretty.
She even tried hiding from me a few times...
Even without beautiful two year photos- we had a really great day... which I will post about another time, since it is 10pm and she is still awake... currently having a dance party with Daddy upstairs. I'm going to go join them.
Scarlett, I love you more than words can say. You really are my best little friend. I am so grateful you came in to my life two years ago.
And I am so glad you enjoyed your happy, happy day.






4 comments:
She is adorable. Also the boots story was classic. Such a girl who knows how to get what she wants. And your Hawaii trip looked amazing. Dan spent a LONG time looking at all your pictures and said we really needed to go back. I love hearing about the things you and your family are up to!
happy birthday scarlett! i can't believe she is two! it seems like yesterday you posted you were pregnant!
Happy birthday Scarlett!! I can't believe you're two!! :-)
Happy Birthday Scarlett! She really is such a pretty little girl with those big beautiful eyes! I can't believe she's two! WOW! Being a mom truly is the best isn't it?
Post a Comment