Monday, January 30, 2012

24 Hours Old

We told the nurses we wanted to head home by noon on Saturday (I didn't know most people stayed two nights- they all looked at me like I was crazy), so they rushed through all the things they needed to do to get us checked out.  As we were walking out the door I looked at Rob and said we didn't even take a picture of baby leaving the hospital.
Here is Sydney for the first time in her car seat.  I forgot how small these little ones start out!
 Grandma and Granddad met us at our house with Scarlett, and lunch.  I did not take any pictures with Scarlett after she was born, or while at the hospital for my 3+ day stay after my c-section.  I looked so awful, I didn't want it documented.  I'm not saying I look good in these photos, but it is a vast improvement.  Even though I hadn't showered, my hair was greasy, and I still had no make up on (oh, and I had only slept 3 hours that first night).  I wanted some pictures with my little ladies on Sydney's first day.
 Scarlett is just so in love.  She had asked Friday night why baby sister wasn't coming home with her.  She was elated when she saw she was home.
 I love this.
 And this.
 I don't remember if Rob snapped these Saturday night, or Sunday.  But she is just scrumptious.

 I love baby yawns.

3 comments:

Adam & Samantha said...

Love everything about these pictures. She is so adorable. And I love how much Scarlett already loves her.

Petersen Party of 7 said...

So excited for your family. It is such a special time (sleepless but special). Enjoy your little one!

Stephanie said...

Wow...in one of those pictures Sydney has the same eyes as Scarlett! Congrats...what a fun little family!