Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rub-a-dub-dub

Sydney Lu L.O.V.E.S. her bath time.  As did her big sister, when she was the baby.  She especially enjoys just relaxing in the warm water.
 Most days, Scarlett showers with me, but lately she has been opting to join her little sis in the tub.  I can't blame her.
 Totally out of focus photo- however, when I saw it, I was shocked at how mature Scarlett looks.  She doesn't look like an almost 2 year and 5 month old.  She looks like a kid.  A KID.  Or a very young looking adult, even.  When did that happen?!
 Unwilling to smile for the camera.  One of these days I will catch that beautiful gummy grin.  One day.
 And totally unrelated to bath time... My children hate being swaddled.  They must have their hands free or they freak out.  But they love, more than anything in the world, a soft, warm, plush, fluffy blanket touching every inch of their face.
 If I don't do a good job getting that blanket all over Sydney's face (which I usually don't so I do not have to worry about her suffocating), she arches her neck in ways that do not look comfortable, in order to get more blanket on her skin.  Scarlett used to do the exact same thing. 

3 comments:

Cindy Turner said...

Love those girls! XOXO

Becky said...

You fuller ladies are darling! Sydney looks so much like Scarlett to me! Do you get this often, or am I totally off? Looks so alert and so big already. Hope everything continues to go wmoothly for you guys.

Melissa and Matt said...

Your girls are beautiful!