Friday, July 8, 2011

July 4, 2011

I taught Relief Society on the 3rd and showed an amazing DVD about a woman from Sierra Leone who has lived through unbelievable adversity in her life.  Through her trials, she found God and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and has a beautiful testimony and story to share.  I never show videos when I teach but thought this was perfect for the 4th of July- to remind us of the freedoms we enjoy due to living in this wonderful country.
We loved our 4th this year.  Not only did we get to celebrate our freedom as a Nation, but we also got to spend the whole day together as a family.  We started the morning at Emmy Lou's for breakfast with my parents and my two great-aunts.  We then headed to the outlets for a little shopping (great sales!), and then home so Scarlett could nap since we kept her out so late the night before. 
We joined a private pool this summer and spent the remainder of the afternoon and evening swimming, and enjoying a catered barbecue.
Scarlett is such a little fish.  She loves swimming, and I think Granddad loves swimming with her even more.
 She hates the little life vest.  She wore it for about 3 minutes before throwing a fit saying "get off!"  She hasn't worn it again since.  But she is amazing with a noodle.  She holds on and kicks herself around, lies on her back... I might have her swimming by the end of the summer!  ;)
 "Just one more..." as she holds her pointer finger up.  She says this every time you do something she likes, just one more turns in to 10 or 20 more.  But she loves to "go high!"


Poor Rob and his lily-whiteness.  Don't worry, I am taking him to Tahoe this weekend to remedy that!
We didn't go out for fireworks on the 4th, Scarlett was pretty exhausted, but we can watch them from almost any one of the windows at our house.  What a fun day. 
Much love to all our troops- and their families- THANK YOU for protecting my family.

No comments: