Thursday, September 1, 2011

August Birthdays

August was full of birthday celebrations, which means only one thing, a lot of YUMMY food!  We started out by celebrating Mom's birthday (29, again, right, Mom?) on the 13th.  We went to the Fremont Diner on the highway heading toward Sonoma for brunch.  Delicious food- but not a very organized place.  It was featured a while back on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. 
Happy, Happy, Nama!

My Mom's sister Pam came from Sacramento to have brunch with us, and Mom's Aunts, Pat (92) and El (91) joined us, as well.
I love the bottle the Dr. Pepper came in.
On the 16th we celebrated Rob's actual 29th birthday by going to Allegria (a must if you are ever in Napa) for dinner.
This family photo can count as my 17 week + 2 day pregnancy photo.  Still no real bump (in this picture, anyway).
Afterward, I had a super small gathering of a few of Rob's friends over to surprise him for birthday cake, and cheesecake.
My Grandpa's birthday was on the 24th so we all headed to Sacramento on the 28th for dinner and birthday celebrations.  Kyle drove home from Utah that day and met us at Aunt Pam's house.
Scarlett was SO thrilled to see him.




Never was there a girl so in love with her Uncle.
We ate delicious food, again, and then had pie and cupcakes for dessert.  I love that it looks like Scarlett and Grandpa are staring each other down.  She loves her "Papa".
Lisa's birthday was on the 31st, but we celebrated a few days earlier.  She requested my Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Primavera, and it was divine, if I do say so myself.  :)  I asked what she felt like for dessert and she said she was in the mood for something chocolaty- so there she had it, death by chocolate!  Chocolate Torte from TJ's and Ghirardelli brownies.

I'm kind of glad all the birthday celebrations are over for a little while- I'm not sure my pregnant body could take much more.  But I am SO grateful for all the wonderful people we have in our lives to celebrate!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I absolutely LOVE those pics of Scarlett and Ky Ky!! She really does adore him.

Becky said...

oooh do share this famous dish!!