Monday, April 2, 2012

Bay Area Discovery Museum

We had a fabulous little outing Saturday.  Rob had to see a few patients in his Corte Madera office, so when he was done, the girls and I picked him up and headed down to Sausalito to explore the Bay Area Discovery Museum.  It was a bit chilly, being located at the base of the Golden Gate, but luckily it didn't rain.
 Scarlett had so.much.fun.  There were so many different things for her to get her hands on.  While playing in this little "construction zone", a boy threw a handful of pebbles at us.  I turned and smiled and asked the boy not to do that, while my daughter picked up her own small handful and threw the pebbles right back.  It was a good opportunity to talk about turning the other cheek.
 Scarlett loved climbing through the giant tree trunk that was turned on its side.

 Such a big girl hiking up the tree trunk path.



 Look at this beauty.  Oh, my.  Oh, my.  Sydney had a great time hanging in the stroller, but also loved being out and watching all the kids running amok.





Daddy to the rescue!
  Not quite big enough to hula-hoop just yet.
 In the science building, this little exhibit was to teach kids to wash their hands for as long as it takes them to sing the ABCs.  Scarlett was singing, but a little confused as to why no water was actually coming out of the faucet.
 "Woo!!  Woo!!"
I told Rob that if I die young, my children will not remember what I looked like.  Or that I was at any of these fun little events.  One of my goals is to work on being in some photos with my kids.  For memory's sake.
After a few hours at the museum, we dropped Daddy back off at his office for one last appointment (talk about a super long Saturday!) and headed home.  The girls were wiped out.  It made for a very nice, and quiet, drive home.

2 comments:

Cindy Turner said...

How fun! I want to go next time!

Petersen Party of 7 said...

I love your comment about never being in pictures. I'm never in picures either. First,I hate pictures of myself and second, I'm always the photographer. Jason just doesn't think about getting out a camera to take a picture. My kids won't think I was ever at any event either:)