Friday, April 20, 2012

Three Months

Sydney is such a joy to have in our family.  She has a calm demeanor, and is really good about just going with the flow.  Being that she is not the first child in our family, she is often woken up from naps, dragged to all of Scarlett's events, set down for longer periods of time than she may really like, but she does just fine with all of it.  She is very content to just sit and watch the busyness going on around her.  She loves everything Scarlett does and follows her (with her eyes, obviously) wherever she goes.  Even when Scarlett is in her face, being extra loud and grabby, Sydney just smiles and kicks her legs with delight.
Sydney has rolled from tummy to back several times, though we are pretty sure it was by accident, and she just leaned a little too far to one side during tummy time.  She talks and squeals when she is excited, and especially when she is having her diaper changed.  She loves to have her diaper off, and she is never happier than when we let her hang out naked. 
 Sydney absolutely loves her bath and looks forward to it every day.  A few weeks ago, I carried her in to the bathroom, started the water, and then walked back to her bedroom to take her clothes off, and she started wailing.  As soon as I started undressing her she calmed down, and when I walked back to the bathroom, she smiled.
Sydney started out the best sleeper alive.  From day one, she always gave us a 4-5 hour stretch at night.  After a month, it grew to a 7-8 hour stretch.  It was bliss.  However, the last few weeks have been, not so perfect.  She is still only waking up once at night to eat, however, she wakes up a handful of other times in the night because she wants her pacifier put back in her mouth.  We're hoping this is just a phase, and she will grow out of it.  Hoping, hoping.
All things considered, this little munchkin really is a fantastic baby.  She likes to nap around 10am for about 2 hours (not that she has ever been allowed to nap that long... we always have somewhere to be), and again in the afternoon around 2, for anywhere from 3 to 5 hours.
I believe little babies remember our life before this earth and remember Jesus Christ- Sydney stares and smiles at the pictures of Christ we have around our home.  Scarlett did the same thing.  It makes my heart melt.
 Sydney, I could not be more grateful for your sweet little presence in my life.  You smile and get excited to see me, but what I love even more, is that you stare and stare at your Daddy, until he notices, and then you give him the sweetest grin.  Talk about melting my heart.
Scarlett Ann, who is just barely 2 and a half, is quite the beauty.  And quite the helper, big sister, best friend.  I love her.  I am so truly blessed with amazingly wonderful children.  I get Scarlett to promise me, daily, that she will always be my best friend.  Sometimes she says only Granddad is her best friend, but most days, I get to be in there, too.  Along with Sydney.  And Daddy.  And usually Grandma, too.

No comments: