Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

This is the face of an almost two and a half year old after she was told she had to stand still and wait until she heard "GO!" before she could start hunting for eggs.
 We went to the Wagners' home the Saturday before Easter for their traditional Easter egg hunt and BBQ.  Last year, Scarlett found one egg, and was done.  This year, she filled her basket to the rim.


 Sydney slept for the first little bit in her carseat, and when she woke up, Granddad was more than happy to tote her around.

 Giving a big thank you hug to our hostess, Cathy Wagner.

Sydney and Scarlett were in cute twinner outfits, but I couldn't ever get the two of them together, and awake.



Easter Sunday was a great day.  I love Easter, and the meaning and reason why we celebrate.  I know that because of Jesus Christ, through His atonement, and because of His sacrifice, I can be forgiven of my sins, and return to live with my Father in Heaven, and my entire family, after death.  There is nothing in this world more precious than that knowledge.  I can't imagine going through the trials and struggles people face in this life without knowing the things I know.
We had an amazing sacrament meeting, with wonderful talks on Christ, and beautiful music celebrating His life and resurrection.  The choir and congregation sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives", the spirit was so strong, I tear up just thinking of how beautiful it was.  That song is amazing- and really says it all; Christ lives; He loves us; He died for us, that we may live again.
My beautiful girlies in all their Easter glory.

 Thanks to my Mom for insisting I be in a photo with my babies.  Even if neither of them is looking at the camera.

Rob and I hosted Easter dinner.  We had 13 members of my family over.  Great food, great conversation, and a great reason to be together and celebrate.

No comments: