I love where we live. We don't take full advantage of the beauty that is in and around our valley. The first weekend in May we decided to head up to St. Helena and hike in Boethe Park. We chose to climb to the top of Coyote Peak.
I, foolishly, didn't switch my lens, so many of these photos are out of focus... But I still want the memories.
Rob started out carrying Sydney in the Bjorn, but backpacking Scarlett was tiring for me. After stopping to feed the babe, we switched children. Scarlett walked for a good part of the 1.5 miles up, but definitely preferred being carried for parts of it.
We were protected from the heat of the sun by thick trees the majority of the hike. It was so green and lush. I loved it.
Scarlett's gymnastics training came in handy!
Little Sydney Lu slept the last quarter mile up, and all the way back down. What an easy little baby.
Scarlett said "this was hard work for me to hike", but she also said she would do it again. And do it again, we shall!











No comments:
Post a Comment