On August 16, Rob turned the big 3-0. He was very gracious about it.
We got back from our trip to Tahoe just a few days before his birthday, which was on a Thursday- and since he had taken a few days off, he was seeing patients late that evening. When he finally got home, we fed him a yummy dinner, showered him with presents, and ate strawberry shortcake. Hooray!
On Saturday, I told Rob that our good friends were having a pool party and BBQ. Little did he know that those friends were actually out of town, but were generous enough to allow me to use their wonderful backyard for a little surprise party.
I got him good. I had been planning it for a while. Almost slipped telling him things about it here and there, but ultimately, kept it to myself, and surprised the "old man". We had a small gathering, but we had a great time.
Happy birthday, my dear.






No comments:
Post a Comment