Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lake Tahoe, August 2012

We spent a wonderful extra long weekend in Lake Tahoe back in August.  Swimming at the pool, lounging in the sun, reading good books, eating delicious food.  We drove up Friday, Ashley and Kyle flew in from Utah that morning, and we got to spend some good quality time with my entire family.
I love my parents.
We headed to the  beach Sunday afternoon and rented kayaks.  While Ashley, Kyle, Rob, Scarlett and myself were out on the lake, Sydney played with Grandma and Granddad.



This trip was when we discovered just how much Sydney loved the camera.


Scarlett was brave hopping in the kayak- after a few minutes she transferred to our kayak.

I loved being on the lake.  Tahoe is freezing, but so refreshing and beautiful.  When I was growing up, my great aunt and uncle owned a house right on the water.  I miss being on the lake when we go on our trips now.  It was a sentimental kayak experience for me.
Sunday night was the last night we would all be together, so we celebrated Mom's birthday a day early with a wonderful sunset dinner.
I pulled out the camera to snap some shots of the whole group, but Sydney squawked and squealed until I focused on her for a little bit.




My mom is so pretty.  And can you believe she is 52?!  


I love my sassy girl.
And my other little sassafras. 




And this guy, of course.
We spent Monday at the pool, and then before taking Ashley and Kyle to the airport we grabbed some dinner.
Scarlett adores her Aunt Ashley.  She drove with them to the airport, fell asleep on the drive there, they woke her up to say goodbye, but she was still a little out of it (a Fuller trademark), so when she finally realized Ashley and Kyle were gone she started crying.  She had to call Ashley to calm down.  So sweet.
Tuesday morning we spent as much time in the sun and at the pool as we could before we needed to head home.  Scarlett is a little fish.  With only one swim lesson this summer, she can swim a decent distance on her own, and she can hold her breath a remarkable amount of time.


My other little fish.  Sydney LOVES the water.  My girls are so similar, it's kind of astounding sometimes.






No comments: